How to Apply?
If you would like to learn more about becoming an SFCASA volunteer, please join us at one of our 45 minute information sessions.
Attending an information session is the first step in the application process. Our new Mission location will have a long flight of stairs. If this poses a challenge for you, please let us know so we can schedule an individual meeting off-site.
Upcoming information sessions located at 2535 Mission Street (between 21st and 22nd):
- Attend a 45-minute information session
- Fill out the online application here.
- You may also print out the form here and fill it out and email it to email@example.com, fax it to Bethany at 415.398.8068, or mail it to:
Attn: Bethany Davidowski
2535 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
- Once we receive your application, we will contact you to schedule a screening interview.
- The interview will take place at the SFCASA office with our Recruitment and Training Manager, Bethany, and one of our Case Supervisors.
- After the interview, we will let you know if we are inviting you to join our volunteer training program.
- During training we do a complete criminal background check.
Once you complete the Application Process, you’re ready for training!
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Bethany at 415.398.8001 extension 101.
SFCASA holds training cycles each year. Training takes place in the evening; most sessions are from 6-9pm. Volunteers also attend a Court Panel Presentation and Court Observation at the court house.
The cycle training cycle lasts six weeks and consists of a total 40 hours.
In order to become a CASA, volunteers must complete all 40 hours of training. Missed classes may be made up in the following training cycle.
The final class takes place at the court house, where volunteers are officially sworn in as CASAs!