How to Apply?
If you would like to learn more about becoming an SFCASA volunteer, please join us at one of our upcoming 45 minute information sessions.
Attending an information session is the first step in the application process.
Upcoming information sessions:
- Thursday, June 6th at noon at our office located at 100 Bush Street in Suite 625
- Monday, June 10th at noon at our office located at 100 Bush Street in Suite 625
- Monday, June 10th at 6pm at our office located at 100 Bush Street in Suite 625
Click on the link to RSVP for an information session.
- Attend a 45-minute information session
- Fill out the online application here.
- You may also print out the form here and fill it out and email it to email@example.com, fax it to Leah at 415.398.8068, or mail it to: SFCASA
Attn: Leah Cerri
100 Bush Street, Suite 650
San Francisco, CA 94104
- Once we receive your application, we contact you to will schedule a screening interview.
- The interview will take place at the SFCASA office with our Recruitment and Training Manager, Leah, and one of our Case Supervisors.
- After the interview, we will let you know if we are inviting you to join our volunteer training program.
- During training we do a complete criminal background check.
Once you complete the Application Process, you’re ready for training!
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 415.399.6136.
SFCASA holds four training cycles each year. Training takes place in the evening; most sessions are from 6-9pm. Most classes are held at the SFCASA office. Volunteers also attend a Court Panel Presentation and Court Observation at the court house.
The cycle training cycle lasts six weeks and consists of a total 37 hours.
In order to become a CASA, volunteers must complete all 37 hours of training. Missed classes may be made up in the following training cycle.
The final class takes place at the court house, where volunteers are officially sworn in as CASAs!