Ways to Give
Each gift you make helps to brighten the future of one child:
- Telephone, mail, or online: Call us at 415.398.8001to make a gift by phone or mail your donation to SFCASA, 2535 Mission Street, San Francisco, CA 94110. To make an online donation, use our safe and secure giving form by clicking on the ‘Donate Now’ button.
- Tribute and memorial gifts: Make a gift in honor or in memory of a special person and we will send an acknowledgement to either the individual or the individual’s family. Please make sure you supply us with the address you want the acknowledgement card to go to.
- Brown Bag Donations: Bring your lunch to work one day a month and donate the cost of the lunch to SFCASA. Monthly donations show your support all year round and can be processed for amounts as low as $10. Use our safe and secure giving form by clicking on the ‘Donate Now’ button.
Corporate Matching Gifts
Matching gifts from your employer are a convenient way to double the value of your contribution to SFCASA. Many employers will match cash, volunteer hours, and in-kind donations. Please contact your employer for further information.
Securities and Planned Giving – Gifts of Appreciated Stock May Have Benefits for You
SFCASA is pleased to accept gifts of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. A gift of appreciated securities held for more than one year may bring about significant benefits to you:
- You become entitled to a charitable income tax deduction for the full fair market value (FMV) of the donated securities as of the gift date.
- You can eliminate capital gains tax that would ordinarily become due if you sell the appreciated securities.
Check with your tax advisor. The simplest way to contribute securities is to transfer them electronically by providing the following information to your broker:
Bancwest Investment Services/Pershing LLC, 1 Pershing Plaza, Jersey City, NJ 07399, DTC# 0443 with further credit to San Francisco CASA Account # AWB045614. SFCASA’s tax ID number is: 94-3039028
Please be sure to let Paul Knudsen at SFCASA know the details of the transfer so we may credit the contribution correctly and allow two weeks for processing.
Planned Giving: Naming the San Francisco CASA Program (SFCASA) in your will can be a financially responsible way to make a special gift that may not be possible during your lifetime. Bequests can be designated or unrestricted in any amount. Planned gifts can have significant tax benefits for donors and their heirs; you should discuss these and other giving methods with your attorney, accountant or other financial advisor.
Here is a sample wording for you and your attorney to consider when including a bequest to benefit SFCASA in your will:
I give to SFCASA, a non-profit organization located in San Francisco, California, the sum of $_____________ [or property described herein].
Other options for Planned Giving include:
- Charitable Lead Trust
- Charitable Remainder Trust
- Naming SFCASA as a beneficiary of a Life Insurance Policy or Retirement Account (IRA, 401(k))
To learn more or to inform us of your decision to include SFCASA in your estate plans, please contact Paul Knudsen, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415.398.8001 x108.
- Wish List: Our client children benefit from tickets to events, gifts, gift cards, and many other types of in-kind donations. Click here to see our wish list.
- Donate your vehicle: Car Donation Services provides vehicle donation services for SFCASA. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Community Thrift Store: Donate used items to Community Thrift Store in San Francisco’s Mission District and SFCASA will benefit!! Give them the SFCASA Organization #128 when dropping off items. When the items sell, SFCASA receives the funds. Check their website for acceptable items.
- Create a Razoo account: Join us in our fundraising efforts by creating your own account with Razoo Team where you can invite your friends to support SFCASA. Check out SFCASA’s Startpage.
- Facebook Causes: Join us on Facebook Causes where you can donate online through the secure Network for Good site and invite your friends to join you in raising funds and awareness about SFCASA.
SFCASA is an independent 501(c) (3) charitable organization. Gifts to SFCASA are tax deductible as allowed by law. Our Federal Tax ID number is 94-3039028.
Donor Privacy Statement
The San Francisco Court Appointed Special Advocate Program neither sells nor exchanges donor information at any time for any reason. If you wish your donation to remain anonymous, please advise us of this when you donate and we will not publish your name in our list of donors.
SFCASA receives funding support through the generosity of a diversified funding base composed of individuals, foundations, corporations, community organizations, and government agencies. Join them in supporting SFCASA’s unique strategy for serving San Francisco’s children in foster care.