May was an exciting time for SFCASA! In honor of National Foster Care Awareness month, SFCASA had several campaigns meant to bring awareness to the issues facing youth in foster care in San Francisco, while raising money to bring youth off the waitlist and into the care of a dedicated CASA volunteer. Our campaigns included:
- Twenty Days in May: For this campaign on our blog, SFCASA shared a daily photo and message meant to educate, motivate and inspire our community to get involved with SFCASA and the important work our volunteers do to improve the lives of children in foster care. If you haven’t checked it out already, the first day of the campaign is here: http://www.sfcasa.org/blog/20-days-in-may-day-one/.
- Volunteer Challenge: For the month of May, SFCASA invited all active volunteers to join the Volunteer Challenge and support our cause through participation in a First Giving Campaign. So far we have raised over $2,000! Thank you to all our volunteers who have participated – we will be announcing the winners soon.
- Community Shopping Day: On May 14th SFCASA took part in the Community Shopping Day at Macy’s – a day of shopping, raising money and community building.
- A Band of Wives: Welcome to SFCASA’s newest community partner, A Band of Wives! On our next few blog posts, we will be profiling posts from A Band of Wives blog about SFCASA. Tune in this Thursday, June 2, for the first in a 4-part series.
- SFCASA Facebook Causes Page: Join the cause and ask your friends to join as well!
While SFCASA’s exciting media campaign in honor of National Foster Care Awareness month has come to an end, that doesn’t mean you still can’t join the cause and support vulnerable children. You can subscribe to our blog, which will be updated every Monday and Thursday for new posts, follow us on Twitter and join the cause on Facebook. Thank you so much for supporting San Francisco’s most vulnerable children and youth.