The Process for Making a CASA Referral
A CASA referral form must be filled out and submitted by the child's attorney or social worker only.
1. Attorney or social worker completes the referral form.
2. The judge or commissioner will sign and stamp the referral and return to the referent.
3. If a request for a CASA is made during a court hearing, the party requesting a CASA will need to complete this referral and have the judge/commissioner sign it at the hearing. Even if a request is submitted in a minute order, this form must still be completed. Once signed, the form must be brought to Department 402 to be filed.
4. Once the CASA program receives the referral form from the courts, we will process the referral.
5. The CASA program will then place the children on our wait list and assign a volunteer as soon as possible.
6. Please contact the CASA program to determine the status of your referral at least two weeks after it was submitted